Cost and Bookings
2016 COSTS & BOOKINGS
KOKODA TREK COSTS (There are no hidden costs. Refer to inclusions below)
ex Port Moresby Trek Package only
Trek Packages ex Port Moresby include:
- 11 day comprehensive programme including – 2 nights hotel accommodation in Port Moresby (4 star) on a share room basis (single use of room add $420), (breakfast and dinner included).
- International airport transfers in Port Moresby.
- Flight from Kokoda or Popondetta to Port Moresby (or visa versa) at the start / finish of the trek.
- 9 day / 8 night sensible trekking itinerary.
- Professional Australian Trek Leader – including historical briefings at all battle sites and other points of interest (on selected treks only) .
- Professional Koiari Trek Master (for all treks).
- Professional Bush Chef.
- Local Head Guide and Porters from villages along the track.
- Trained First Aid officer (minimum Remote Area First Aid Qualification).
- 9 days/8 nights accommodation along the track in a roomy, waterproof, mosquito proof 2 man tent (each). Carried, erected and taken down by the crew OR you can stay in a village quest house at each of our campsites. Your choice.
- All meals during the trek prepared by our Bush Chef – we DO NOT use army style rations.
- The use of a backpack, daypack and tent.
- Group cooking and camping equipment.
- Visit to Bomana War Cemetery in Port Moresby.
- Port Moresby Sight seeing tour and visit to PNG Arts (if time allows).
- All necessary land transport in PNG including transfers from Port Moresby to Owers Corner / Kokoda to Popondetta (or visa versa).
- Porters for group camping and cooking equipment. (see Personal Porter option)
- Back to base VHF radios (linked to the Kokoda Track village network) and satellite phones (for emergency use only) are carried on ALL treks.
- All other emergency equipment, including ropes, bush knives, axes, tarps and a group First Aid Kit.
- Kokoda Track trek Permit (issued by the Kokoda Track Authority).
- All camping and Firewood fees.
- Entry to ALL relic sites and points of interest. (Note village museums are not include in the cost as they are not always open for inspection).
- $10 million Trek Operators Public Risk Insurance.
- A commemorative Polo shirt.
- A Certificate of Achievement suitable for framing.
- A copy of Bill James’ ‘FIELD GUIDE TO THE KOKODA TRACK’ (sent to you upon payment of your deposit).
- Kokoda Assistance line 0418 686241, 7 days per week.
Leave a Reply